- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the Right Installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Lampp Installation in Linux
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.7 Source Code Installation for macOS
- 2.8 XAMPP-VM Installation for macOS
- 2.9 XAMPP Installation for macOS
- 2.10 Install ZenTao in Docker
- 2.11 Install httpd, Mariadb, PHP 7.2 in Cent OS 8
- 2.12 Softaculous Service
- 2.13 Install Ioncube
- 3 Update
- 3.1 Update ZenTao
- 3.2 Update by Source Code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Update for One-Click Installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Update for One-Click Installation for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Decompose Stories into Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV Files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Work Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Required Field
- 6.18 Privileges
- 6.19 Annual Work Summary
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Individual management
- 7.3 Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and Phase
- 7.3.6 Story Writing
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 Scrum Master
- 7.4.1 Create a Sprint
- 7.4.2 Set a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Task Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test Request
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 Test Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Data Backup
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown Charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao Remote Host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 8.2.1 Guest Login
- 8.2.2 Email Notification
- 8.2.3 Set Super Admin
- 8.2.4 Static Access
- 8.2.5 Remove "zentao" from URL
- 8.2.6 Integrate SVN
- 8.2.7 Integrate Git
- 8.2.8 Integrate Webhook
- 8.2.9 Integrate Xuan.im
- 8.2.10 Integrate Zdoo
- 8.2.11 Integrate Third-Party Apps
- 8.2.12 Password-Free Login
- 8.2.13 Translation Add-on
- 8.2.14 Integrate Jenkins
- 8.2.15 Extension
- 8.2.16 Fix Weak Password
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 Introduction
- 9.2 Directory
- 9.3 Find Codes
- 9.4 Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Extension Editor
- 9.11 Feature Limitation
- 9.12 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 Misc
You can use the source code package to install ZenTao in macOS and configure the Apache+Mysql+PHP runtime environment manually for it.
1. ZenTao RTE
- Apache + PHP(7.0/7.1/7.2) + MySQL(5.5/5.6)/mariadb is recommended, Nginx is the second-best
- The modules of pdo, pdo_mysql, json, filter, openssl, mbstring, zlib, curl, gd, iconv are needed for ZenTao running, please make sure they are uploaded in the PHP environment.
- Apache+Mysql+PHP is recommended in macOS
2. Configure RTE
2.1 Configure Apache
2.1.1 macOS has Apache built in. All you have to do is to start it and enter your admin and password.
2.1.2 Apache command lines
sudo apachectl start // start Apache sudo apachectl stop // stop Apache sudo apachectl restart // restart Apache
2.1.3 Visit your localhost or 127.0.0.1 in your browser. If you see " It works! ", Apache is started. If you don't need to change the webserver or port number, skip the following part and go to 2.2 configure PHP.
2.1.4 Webserver and port number
- default path: /Library/WebServer/Documents/
- default port number: 80
2.1.5 If you don't change the default settings of Apache, please go to 2.2 configure PHP.
It is strongly recommended that you do NOT change Apache default settings, and the reasons are as follows:
a. Modifying the configuration files can be risky.
b. To custom web path will involve file permission issues, which will cause the project deployment to start abnormally and increase the difficulty of problem-solving
c. The default access path of the subsequent terminal commands is Apache, which is convenient for you to copy and execute directly. If you change it, please replace the corresponding path.
2.1.6 If you have to change webserver path or port number due to port number conflicts or other reasons, refer to the instruction below:
a. Back up the configuration file for Apache
sudo cp /etc/apache2/httpd.conf /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.backup
b. Open httpd.conf and search for " DocumentRoot". Change its path and restart Apache.
c. Search "Listen 80" and change it to another port number (don’t conflict to other service port number). Then restart Apache.
d. Test. You can create an index.html file under a custom web path and use localhost: Port Number/index.html
e. The custom configuration is finished if the access is normal.
2.2 Configure PHP
2.2.1 Check the version of PHP that is built in macOS and see whether it matches your ZenTao PHP version (7.0/7.1/7.2).
2.2.2 Open httpd.conf of Apache. Search " php" and you will have # LoadModule php7_module libexec/apache2/libphp7.so, Remove # of it.
sudo vim /etc/apache2/httpd.conf # open httpd.conf
2.2.3 Restart Apache.
2.3 Configure MySQL
ZenTao source code package is for MySQL 5.5\5.6. You can download the installation package through the official website or a third party, or install the Mysql service through Homebrew.
At present, the official website no longer provides the 5.6 version installation package that supports Mac OS. So we strongly suggest that you install MySQL through Homebrew.
2.3.1 Install Homebrew package manager as follows. For other information, please refer to the official website: https://brew.sh/index_zh-cn
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
After it is installed, run the brew -v to check the version and test whether it is successful.
2.3.2 Install MySQL 5.6. The process will be a little bit slow, please wait patiently.
brew install [email protected]
Run the command below to add variables.
echo 'export PATH="/usr/local/opt/[email protected]/bin:$PATH"' >> ~/.bash_profile
brew services start [email protected]
2.3.3 After you start MySQL, you are log in anonymously. Enter mysql_secure_installation to initialize root.
Enter current password for root (enter for none) Set root password? y New password: Re-enter new password: Remove anonymous users? y Disallow root login remotely? y Remove test database and access to it? n Reload privilege tables now? y
If you want to use MySQL, use brew command lines to do it (need to exit MySQL).
brew services start [email protected] # start MySQL brew services restart [email protected] # restart MySQL brew services stop [email protected] # stop MySQL
3. Install ZenTao
3.1 Download the package from ZenTao official website HERE.
3.2 Unzip the file and save it to Apache path (default path: /Library/WebServer/Documents/).
sudo cp -r ~/Downloads/zentaopms/* /Library/WebServer/Documents/
3.3 Visit ZenTao in your browser at LOCALHOST IP:PORT NUMBER/www/index.php
3.4 Run the command line below if any issues regarding file permissions.
sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/WebServer/Documents
3.5 If any issues regarding session.save_path, follow the instructions below.
Change PHP configuration file /etc/php.ini.default and back it up, then rename it as php.ini. Open the file and search session.save_path = "/tmp" . Change the value of "/tmp". It is recommended that you change the path to /Users/LOGIN USERNAME as shown below.
After the change is completed, delete the symbol ";" execute the following command and give the file permissions.
sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/login username
Configure MySQL and check whether Check MySQL is on.
If you see the screenshot above, ZenTao is installed.