- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the Right Installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation for macOS
- 2.7 XAMPP-VM Installation for macOS
- 2.8 XAMPP Installation for macOS
- 2.9 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.10 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.11 Softaculous Service
- 2.12 Integrate Zdoo
- 2.13 Install Ioncube
- 3 Update
- 3.1 Update ZenTao
- 3.2 Update by Source Code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Update for One-Click Installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Update for One-Click Installation for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Decompose Stories into Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV Files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Operation Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Required Field
- 6.18 How to check privilege settings in ZenTao
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Individual management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and Phase
- 7.3.6 Story Writing
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Story Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test Request
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Data Backup
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown Charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao Remote Host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 ZenTao Customization
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Find and Edit Files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Extension Editor
- 9.11 Feature Limitation
- 9.12 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 Misc
It is complicated to configure SVN. We will try to describe how to configure it in our manual. If you cannot do it, think about our paid service and contact us at Renee@easysoft.ltd to know more about technical support =)
SVN has been integrated to ZenTao 2.2+, which links ZenTao and codes, and makes it convenient for users to view codes. The followings will show you how to integrate SVN in ZenTao.
1. Subversion integration
The basic mechanism for Subversion integration is to
Analyze code comments submitted => Get linked story, task, and bug IDs => Write IDs to ZenTao database.
There are two ways to do it. One is to use the hook built in SVN. When codes being submitted, a hook script is triggered. It will analyzes the coomments and get the IDs of the linked stories, tasks, and bugs, and then call ZenTao api and recorded it in the database. The other way is to use LOG command at SVN client to get all the submitted records and analyzes it to get the IDs, and then record it in the database.
Both ways have their own pros and cons. We choose the second one, because it is easier to debug and more convenient to deploy. Besides, it can also analyze all the previous records with more flexibility.
2. Deploy SVN command-line client on machines installed ZenTao
SVN command line refers to commands built-in SVN. It is svn.exe in Windows and svn in Linux. The client installed ZenTao can be separated from that installed subversion. They don’t have to be installed on the same machine.
2.1 Install svn for Linux machines. Subversion can be installed for rhel and centos via yum, and apt-get in Debian.
2.2 The latest Windows one-click installation package has built-in svn.exe in the directory of \xampp\silksvn.
2.3 If you install SVN in Windows, download slilksvn and then install it.
3. Configure SVN parameters in ZenTao3.1 Code locations
The Configuration file of SVN is saved in zentao/module/svn/config.php. You can modify it and save the modified to svn/ext/config/svn.php. So later it will not be overridden, if updated.
3.2 ConfigurationAs for setting subversion parameters, there are some concepts involved as follows.
- locations of the SVN commands
- repo: multiple repos can be set.
- User names and parameters of repos
3.2.1 Find the location labeled with a red box in the image below
3.2.2 modify the code
Write codes as the examples show below,
$config->svn->client the path to save svn.exe, the client executable files
$config->svn->repos[$i]['path'] the path to save SVN code
$config->svn->repos[$i]['username'] the path to save SVN login user name; Leave it blank if you don’t need to log in.
$config->svn->repos[$i]['password'] the path to save SVN login password
3.3 Set multiple repos
3.3.1 Find the following code in the same file.
3.3.2 Modify the codes
- Delete “/*”and”*/“ from the code and modify it as mentioned above. Notes: $i ++ cannot be changed.
- For any svn repos, copy the code and configure it in the same way.
4. The format of code comment
When submitting to SVN, developers need to specify relevant stories, tasks or bug IDs of changes in the comments. Please follow the format below.
bug#123,234, 1234 or bug: 123,234 1234; comma or space can be used as space holders among IDs;
Bugs, stories, and tasks must be labeled.
5. Execute commands to synchronize SVN
5.1 Refer to 8.1.1 Initialize Scripts to initialize all the scripts of command lines.
5.2 Enter the directory of zentao/bin/ and execute syncsvn.bat or syncsvn.sh.
5.3 The screenshot of executed the programs is as below.
5.4 Check the linked bugs.
The following problems are often seen in source code installation.
Run the script to synchronize SVN, and the error is shown
Run the command as shown in the notice manually, and the excution is done.
Solutions: In php.ini, cancel shell_exec() of disable_functions. Restart php-fpm and WebSever.
6. Deploy the cron
When all the commands are deployed, add the commands to the cron. For example, execute the tasks every 5 minutes.
Solution 1: Login ZenTao in the browser. Go to Admin->Cron and switch it on. Click Activate to synchronize SVN scripts. After you change the parameter, follow the steps below: Go to Admin->Cron and click Cancel=> Restart Apache=> Go to Admin->Cron and click Start.
Solution 2: Use the cron feature in your system. Go to Control Panel->Cron in Windows or use crontab in Linux.