- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the right installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation for macOS
- 2.7 XAMPP-VM Installation for macOS
- 2.8 XAMPP Installation for macOS
- 2.9 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.10 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.11 Softaculous service
- 2.12 Integrate Zdoo
- 2.13 Install Ioncube
- 3 Update
- 3.1 Update ZenTao
- 3.2 Update by source code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Update for one-click installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Update for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Task Breakdown
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Operation Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Customize Required Field
- 6.18 Access Control
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Individual management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and stage
- 7.3.6 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Story Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Data Backup
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao remote host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 ZenTao customization
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Locate and Change Files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Web Editor
- 9.11 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 MIsc
Notes: Finish all the tasks of the story, including but are not limited to design, development and test tasks.
1. Stories of a Project
On the page of Story, you can do the breakdown of a story. You can also check the number of tasks decomposed.
2. Story breakdown
Now you can choose stories from the drop-down when creating tasks. The link to check stories is also be provided in ZenTao. If the title of a story is the same as that of the task, just click Copy Story.
- All the stories should be decomposed into tasks, including design, test, design, even machine procurement, and test environment deployment.
- The decomposition should be as small as possible. For example, a task can be finished within several man hours.
- If a task needs several members to finish, then it should be further decomposed.
- You can batch assign tasks, if the type of tasks is routine work. For example, a routine work is to ask every team member to write a project summary. In this case, you can select the type as routine work and then assign it to all team members.
- The type of tasks should be set carefully, since it will affect automatic calculations in development stories. We will explain this later.
- The tasks are best to be claimed voluntarily, since this will boost team members' enthusiasm to the utmost extent.
3. Multiple and child tasks
Since ZenTao 9.6+, multiple and child tasks have been added.
3.1 Multiple tasks
When creating a task, you can check "Multiple" in the Assignee column, if you want to assign this task to multiple team members. Once it is checked, a "Team" button will show for you to click and select your team.
When select a team and team members, fill in man-hours for each team member. You can order members by drag-and-drop.
After you choose multiple assignees, the names will show in the Assignee column and the total man-hour will be calculated.
3.2 Child Tasks
Click "+" to create child task on task list page.
The page to add child tasks is batch create tasks page. Fill in the required fields and click Save.
Then you can check child tasks in the task list page. Click to hide/show child tasks. The default setting is to show child tasks.
- After child tasks are created, the estimate, cost and left hours of the parent task is the sub total of that of all child tasks.
- When creating a parent task, man-hour is set. After creating its child tasks, the total man-hour of child tasks will override that of the parent one.
- Multiple tasks, tasks done by multiple members, cannot have child tasks.