- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the right installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.7 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.8 Softaculous service
- 2.9 Integrate Zdoo
- 2.10 Install Ioncube
- 3 Upgrade
- 3.1 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.2 Upgrade by source code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Upgrade for one-click installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Upgrade for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 5.1 Project and Task Management
- 5.2 Bug Tracking
- 5.3 Product Management
- 5.4 Individual Task Management
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Task Breakdown
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Operation Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Customize Required Field
- 6.18 Access Control
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Individual management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Story Status
- 7.3.6 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Story Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Back up ZenTao
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao remote host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 ZenTao customization
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Locate and Change Files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Web Editor
- 9.11 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 MIsc
You might be surprised at the various features in ZenTao, so you might think ZenToa is very complicated. Actually, ZenTao is a professional collaborative management software, so it is an integrated task management in ZenTao instead of simple task management. Project management is complicated by itself, so the features in ZenTao are must-have. This doesn’t mean that you have to go exactly the same as the workflow in ZenTao. You can customize your workflow according to your actual situations. Now let’s see the simple application of ZenTao.
1. Add a Project
1.1 Click Project and click Add Project.
1.2 The page to add a project will show. You can define the fields such as project name, alias, start and end date, workdays available, team name, etc. As for Link Product, it can be null or multi-selected.
2. Set up Teams
2.1 Click the Save and a prompt will notify you that the project is created. Then you can set up teams.
2.2 Or you can manage the project teams from the menu by clicking Project->Team.
Choose users involved in the project and set up the roles for them when managing your team. Weekdays and available hours must be set up carefully. Generally speaking, a user cannot work 8 hours a day continuously or 7 days a week in a roll.
2.3 After it is set up, ZenTao will automatically calculate the total man-hour in the project.
3. Creat a Task
3.1 After setting up the teams, the next is to create tasks. Click Project->Task->Create.
3.2 The page of creating a task will show.
- When you are creating tasks, you should assign Read privilege to members of the project teams.
- The initials of the name lists can be used to screen users quickly.
- Priority of the tasks and estimated man-hour has to be set up.
- If a task must be finished before certain date, you can also set up the deadline.
- Files can be uploaded.
4. Update Task Status
When all the tasks are created, everyone knows what they are going to do. Once the project is started, the team members will update the status of their tasks.
4.1 Task List
On the page of Tasks, you can see all the tasks listed in ZenTao. You can easily filter the tasks by various labels. Click the title of a task list for details.
4.2 Task Details
On this page, you can find all the details about the task, including history. There are also Actions to edit the task.
4.3 Start a Task
Click Start to initiate the task. When you start a task, you can set up the time consumed and estimates (man-hour).
4.4 Finish a Task
Click Finish to finish a task. When the task is done, you should record the hours cost.
5. Accept and Close a Task
When the task is completed, it will be automatically assigned to the one who created it. Then the assignee can verify whether the task is completed or not. If completed, the assignee will close the task. The task is finally done.