- 1 Introduction
- 2 How to Install ZenTao
- 2.1 Choose the best installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all Systems)
- 2.7 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.8 Softaculous service
- 3 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.1 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.2 Upgrade by source code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Upgrade for one-click installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Upgrade for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Simple Application
- 5.1 Project and Task Management
- 5.2 Bug Management
- 5.3 Product Management
- 5.4 Individual Task Management
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm Stories
- 6.9 Story Breakdown
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Personal management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Story Status
- 7.3.6 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.7 Product Modules
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Manage Documents
- 7.3.12 Product Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm Stories
- 7.4.4 Story Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Create a Build
- 7.5.5 Test Task
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Manage Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 7.6.1 Bug Management
- 7.6.2 Report a Bug
- 7.6.3 Confim and Close a Bug
- 7.6.4 Activate a Bug
- 7.6.5 Locate a Bug
- 7.6.6 Test Cases
- 7.6.7 Create and Review Test Cases
- 7.6.8 Manage Test Tasks
- 7.6.9 Test Suites, Public Case Libs and Reports
- 7.6.10 Manage Test Tasks
- 7.6.11 Execute Cases and Report Bugs
- 7.6.12 Reports
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Back up ZenTao
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao remote host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Custom Development
- 9.1 ZenTao customization
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Locate and Change Files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: Modify Language Prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Web Editor
- 9.11 Packaging Standards of ZenTao 1.1
- 10 Other Relevant Issues
One important responsiblity of ZenTao administrator is to back up ZenTao regularly, so it can be recovered on time once any system failures occurrs. In the following part, we will see how to back up ZenTao.
ZenTao backup inculdes four parts, configuration files, changed codes, database and attachments. Now let’s see how to back up in different environment.
1. Back up via one-click installation packageIf you use the one-click installation package, the simplest way to back up is to back up the entire installation directory. In order to back up the whole directory, you should stop Apache and MySQL before backup.
For Windows one-click installation package, it is to back up the entire directory of xampp.
For Linux one-click installation package, it is to back up /opt/zbox/data/mysql/zentao(pro) and /opt/zbox/app/zentao(pro).
For Lampp in Linux, it is to back up opt/lampp/var/mysql/xxxxx (xxxx is the name of ZenTao database, which is zentao by default) and /opt/lampp/htdocs/zentaopms.
2. Manual backup2.1 Back up configuration files, codes and attachment
Configuration files are saved in zentao/config/my.php, attachments in zentao/www/data/ and changed codes in zentao. So the way to back up configuration files, codes and attachments is to back up the entire directory of zentao.
2.2 Back up database
2.2.1 Back up original database files
Find data directory in mysql. It is usually installed in the directory of mysql in Windows or in the directoty of /var/mysql or /var/db in Linux. In the directory data, there is a directory zentao, where the original database files are saved. So you can copy this entire directory to back up. In Linux, you have to pay attention to privileges.
2.2.2 Back up files by exporting files
Export database by management tools provided in mysql,
mysqldump -u XXX -p zentao > zentao.sqlXXX can be changed into actual users.
3. Back up in ZenTao
Administrators log in ZenTao and go to Admin->Backup and click the Backup Button to back up ZenTao.
You can also go to Admin->Cron, and back up there. Backup time and frequency can be set in Cron.
4. Back up by scripts provided in ZenTao
init.bat and init.sh have been included in ZenTao 4.0+ to initialize the scripts for management. One of them is used to back up the database and attachments with the name of backup.bat (for Windows) or backup.sh (for Linux).
First please refer to 8.1.1 Initialize Scripts to initialize all the scripts. Then switch to the directory of zentao/bin/ to execute backup.bat or backup.sh.
Execute backup.bat in Windows.
I:\xampp\zentao\bin>gt;backup.bat I:\xampp\zentao\bin>gt;i:\xampp\php\php.exe I:\xampp\zentao\bin\php\backup.php Backuping database, successfully saved to I:\xampp\zentao/backup/201304/db.20130402.zip Backuping files, successfully saved to I:\xampp\zentao/backup/201304/file.20130402.zip
Execute backup.sh in Linux.
./backup.sh Backuping database, successfully saved to /mnt/data/z/pms/backup/201304/db.20130402.zip Backuping files, successfully saved to /mnt/data/z/pms/backup/201304/file.20130402.zipOnce backed up, the database and attachments should be named after dates and saved to the directory of zentao/backup.
Notes: If MySQL is stopped, the data in MySQL can not be backed up.