- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the Right Installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Lampp Installation in Linux
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.7 Source Code Installation for macOS
- 2.8 XAMPP-VM Installation for macOS
- 2.9 XAMPP Installation for macOS
- 2.10 Install ZenTao in Docker
- 2.11 Install httpd, Mariadb, PHP 7.2 in Cent OS 8
- 2.12 Softaculous Service
- 2.13 Integrate Zdoo
- 2.14 Install Ioncube
- 3 Update
- 3.1 Update ZenTao
- 3.2 Update by Source Code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Update for One-Click Installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Update for One-Click Installation for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Decompose Stories into Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV Files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Work Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Required Field
- 6.18 Privileges
- 6.19 Annual Work Summary
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Individual management
- 7.3 Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and Phase
- 7.3.6 Story Writing
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 Scrum Master
- 7.4.1 Create a Sprint
- 7.4.2 Set a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Task Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test Request
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 Test Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Data Backup
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown Charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao Remote Host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 8.2.1 Guest Login
- 8.2.2 Email Notification
- 8.2.3 Set Super Admin
- 8.2.4 Static Access
- 8.2.5 Remove "zentao" from URL
- 8.2.6 Integrate SVN
- 8.2.7 Integrate Git
- 8.2.8 Integrate Webhook
- 8.2.9 Integrate Xuan.im
- 8.2.10 Integrate Zdoo
- 8.2.11 Integrate Third-Party Apps
- 8.2.12 Password-Free Login
- 8.2.13 Translation Add-on
- 8.2.14 Integrate Jenkins
- 8.2.15 Extension
- 8.2.16 Fix Weak Password
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 Introduction
- 9.2 Directory
- 9.3 Find Codes
- 9.4 Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Extension Editor
- 9.11 Feature Limitation
- 9.12 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 Misc
In ZenTao, all the user privileges are assigned by groups. After managing departments, create user groups and assign privileges to each group. What are the differences between groups and departments then?
Department structure is set from the perspectives of the company. It defines the superior-subordinate relations among employees. The user groups in ZenTao are to distinguish the privileges of users. There are no relations required among them. For example, user A belongs to the Product Department while user B belongs to the Dev Department, but they both have the privilege to report bugs.
1. Add Group1.1 Log in ZenTao as Admin and click the Company.
1.2 Choose Privilege and then the page of group lists will show. You will see a few buttons under Actions.
1.3 Click on Create Group to create a new group to assign privileges.
1.4 On the page of groups, you can manage the privileges and members of any group, or copy any group.
2. Manage Privileges
2.1 Log in as an Admin;
2.2 Click the Company;
2.3 Click Privilege and enter the page of group lists;
2.4 Choose a group and click Privilege button to manage the privileges of the group;
2.5 On the page of Manage Privilege for a group, e.g. Guest group. Check a module to manage the privileges by modules. You can also check the History of privileges being edited in the previous versions.
2.6 Sight/View has been added in ZenTao 7.2.stable+. You can the sight/view (what in ZenTao) a user group can see. It only applies to Product/Project module.
2.7 On the page of Manage Sight, you can set Access View/Sight, Access Product, Access Project and Access Dynamics.
2.8 Limited User is added to Company->Privilege in ZenTao 9.6.2+. It is to manage newcomers who might make mistakes and cause problems to the team because they are not familiar with how it works in the ZenTao.
For limited users in ZenTao, they can only edit the content that is relevant to themselves, such as Tasks, Stories, and Bugs, and they cannot add them. They can edit the content that is about AssignedTo, Done, Closed, Cancelled, or Last Edited.
Note: If a user is added to the Limited User group, s/he will still have the privilege to edit the content the user created before, such as stories, task, and bugs.
2.9 Limited User is also added in Project->Team->Manage Team to limit a user in a project. If a use is the Limited User in a project, s/he can only edit tasks, stories and bugs that are related to him/her in the project .
1. Company->Privilege->Limited User. The privilege settings applies for the whole system.
2. Project->Team->Manage Team. Limited User only applied in the project, and other projects is not applied.
3. If a user is added to the Limited User group, s/he will still have the privilege to edit the content the user created before, such as stories, task, and bugs.
Tips: How to manage privileges in ZenTao
1. A user is in multiple privilege groups, and then its privilege is a collection of privileges in each group.
2. To access a bug, you must have the privileges of both the product and the project, and the permissions to the bug details.
3. Products/projects can also set Access Control. Go to Product/Project->Overview and edit Access Control, such as Default, Private, and Custom, to change product/project permissions.
4. Each privilege settings is logged in ZenTao and can be viewed in the history of the details page.
3. Manage Members
3.1 Log in as Admin and click Company->Privilege;
3.2 Click Member and a window to manage users of a group will pop out, e.g. QA team..
4. Other Shortcuts
In addition to actions mentioned above, you can also manage members through copying or using modules. Choose a group and click the Copy button.
4.1 Log in as an administrator;
4.2 Click Company->Privilege;
4.3 Click Manage Privileges by Modules to assign privileges to multiple groups.
You can assign multiple methods to more groups at the same time.