- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the Right Installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation for macOS
- 2.7 XAMPP-VM Installation for macOS
- 2.8 XAMPP Installation for macOS
- 2.9 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.10 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.11 Softaculous Service
- 2.12 Integrate Zdoo
- 2.13 Install Ioncube
- 3 Update
- 3.1 Update ZenTao
- 3.2 Update by Source Code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Update for One-Click Installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Update for One-Click Installation for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Decompose Stories into Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV Files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Operation Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Required Field
- 6.18 How to check privilege settings in ZenTao
- 6.19 Annual Work Summary
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Individual management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and Phase
- 7.3.6 Story Writing
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Task Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test Request
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Data Backup
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown Charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao Remote Host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 8.2.1 Guest Login
- 8.2.2 Email Notification
- 8.2.3 Set Super Admin
- 8.2.4 Static Access
- 8.2.5 Remove "zentao" from URL
- 8.2.6 Integrate SVN
- 8.2.7 Integrate Git
- 8.2.8 Integrate Webhook
- 8.2.9 Integrate Xuan.im
- 8.2.10 Integrate Zdoo
- 8.2.11 Integrate Third-Party Application
- 8.2.12 Translation Add-on
- 8.2.13 Integrate Jenkins
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 Introduction
- 9.2 Directory
- 9.3 Find Codes
- 9.4 Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Extension Editor
- 9.11 Feature Limitation
- 9.12 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 Misc
There are two fields in ZenTao to track the changes of stories. One is Story Status and the other one is the Phase of a project. Now, let’s take a look at the two fields in details.
1. Story Status
There are four types of Status, Draft, Active, Changed and Closed. The corresponding actions are Create, Change, and Review, Close and Activate. The status flow is shown below.
2. Story phase in a project
A phase is to describe the
phase of an active story in development. The
Projected, Developing, Developed, Testing, Tested, Accepted and Released.
How does a phase change in development?
One way is to change the phase through editing. But the other way is preferred, which is to set the type of tasks, such as development and QA when creating stories. ZenTao will calculate the phase according to the types of tasks. The rules are,
2.2 If stories are linked to plans but not to projects, it will be “ Planned”.
2.3 If stories are linked to projects but not decomposed to tasks, it will be “ Projected”.
2.4 If stories are linked to projects and decomposed to tasks:
If one of the development tasks is being done while all the test requests have not yet begun, then it will be “ Developing".
If all the development tasks are completed while all the test requests have not yet been begun, then it will be “ Developed”.
If one of the test requests has been begun, then it will be “ Testing”.
If all the test requests are completed while some development tasks have not been completed, it will also be “ Testing”.
If both the test requests and development tasks are completed, it will be “ Tested”.
2.5 The phase of Acceptance should be confirmed manually by the project manager/scrum master.
2.6 If the stories are linked in Product->Release. It will be “ Released”.
Notes for a story which is linked to a multi-platform/branch product:
Take a multi-platform product as an example. A product has Andriod and IOS platforms.
- If the story is not linked to any project/plan, the story status is "Wait".
- If the story is linked to all platforms and its linked plans are linked to all platforms, the story status is "All Platforms: Planned". If the plan is linked to IOS, the story status is "IOS: Planned". If the story is linked to a specific platform, its status will be decided in the way mentioned above ( How does a story change in development? ).
- The project is linked to a platform of the product. For example, the project is linked to IOS, and it is linked to the stories of all the platforms of the product it is linked to and the stories linked to IOS. The stories haven't been decomposed into tasks. Then, the status of a story that is linked to IOS is "Planned" and the story status of all the platforms that the product is linked to is "IOS: Planned". If the story status of all the platform that this story is linked to is "Planned", it will show "All Platforms: Planned" and "IOS: Projected".
If a story is linked to two projects, one of which is linked to IOS and the other to all platforms of the product. Task breakdown is done yet. Then the status of this story is "All Platforms: Projected" and "IOS: Projected".
Edit Status in ZenTao 7.2.stable+.