- 1. Introduction
- 2.1 Choose the Right Installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Lampp Installation in Linux
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.7 Source Code Installation for macOS
- 2.8 XAMPP-VM Installation for macOS
- 2.9 XAMPP Installation for macOS
- 2.10 Install ZenTao in Docker
- 2.11 Install httpd, Mariadb, PHP 7.2 in Cent OS 8
- 2.12 Softaculous Service
- 2.13 Install Ioncube
- 3. Update
- 4. Users and Groups
- 5. Quick Start
6. Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Decompose Stories into Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV Files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Work Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Required Field
- 6.18 Privileges
- 6.19 Annual Work Summary
7. Advanced Application
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2. Individual management
7.3. Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and Phase
- 7.3.6 Story Writing
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4. Scrum Master
- 7.5. Development Team
- 7.6. Test Team
- 7.1. Workflow
- 8.1. Maintain ZenTao
8.2. Deploy ZenTao
- 8.2.1 Guest Login
- 8.2.2 Email Notification
- 8.2.3 Set Super Admin
- 8.2.4 Static Access
- 8.2.5 Remove "zentao" from URL
- 8.2.6 Integrate SVN
- 8.2.7 Integrate Git
- 8.2.8 Integrate Webhook
- 8.2.9 Integrate Xuan.im
- 8.2.10 Integrate Zdoo
- 8.2.11 Integrate Third-Party Apps
- 8.2.12 Password-Free Login
- 8.2.13 Translation Add-on
- 8.2.14 Integrate Jenkins
- 8.2.15 Extension
- 8.2.16 Fix Weak Password
- 9.1 Introduction
- 9.2 Directory
- 9.3 Find Codes
- 9.4 Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Extension Editor
- 9.11 Feature Limitation
- 9.12 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10. Misc
In ZenTao, all the user privileges are assigned by groups. After the department structure is completed, user groups should be created and assigned privileges. What are the differences between groups and departments then?
Department structure is set from the perspectives of the company. It defines the superior-subordinate relations among employees. The user groups in ZenTao are to distinguish the privileges of users. There are no relations required among them. For example, user A belongs to the Product Department while user B belongs to the Dev Department, but they both have the privilege to report bugs.
1. Creat Group1.1 Log in ZenTao as an Administrator and click Company.
1.2 Choose Privilege and the page of group lists will show. You will see a few buttons under Action.
1.3 Click Create Group to create a new group to assign privileges.
1.4 On the page of groups, you can manage the privileges and members of any group, or copy any group.
2. Manage Privileges
2.1 Log in ZenTao as an Administrator;
2.2 Click Company;
2.3 Click Privilege and enter the page of group lists;
2.4 Choose a group and click Privilege button to manage the privileges of the group;
2.5 On the page of Manage Privilege for a group such as Guest group, you can manage the privileges by checking modules. You can also check History of privileges being edited in the previous versions.
2.6 Sight/View has been added in ZenTao 7.2.stable+. You can set a group to only view a certain product or project.
2.7 On the page of Manage Sight/View, you can set Access Sight/View, Access Product, Access Project, and Access Dynamics.
- Allowed Access Sight/View: If you checked all, then the main menu (product, project, QA, Doc, statistic, system, Admin) in the ZenTao navigation bar will be displayed. If you checked none, the navigation bar will not be displayed, nor accessed.
- Allowed Access Product: For example, if the allowed access product is ZenTao, then the group users can only access ZenTao, no other products can be accessed.
- Allowed Access Project: Same as Allowed Access Product.
2.8 Limited User is added to Company->Privilege in ZenTao 9.6.2+. It is suitable for new hires who might make mistakes and cause problems to the team because they are not familiar with how it works in ZenTao.
For limited users in ZenTao, they can only edit the content that is relevant to themselves, such as Tasks, Stories, and Bugs but they cannot add them. They can edit the content that is about AssignedTo, Done, Closed, Cancelled, or Last Edited, not including the CC content.
2.9 Limited User is also added in Project->Team->Manage Team to limit a user in a project. S/he can only edit tasks, stories, and bugs that are related to him/her in the project.
- Company->Privilege->Limited User. The privilege settings applies for the whole system.
- Project->Team->Manage Team. Limited Users only applied in a particular project while other projects are not affected.
- If a user is added to the Limited User group, s/he will still have the privilege to edit the content the user created before, such as stories, tasks, and bugs.
Tips: How to manage privileges in ZenTao
1. A user's privilege is a collection of all the privileges in each group if s/he is in a multiple privilege group.
2. To access a bug, you must have the access privilege of product abd project, and the privilege of bug detail.
3. Products/projects can also set Access Control. Go to Product/Project->Overview and edit Access Control, such as Default, Private, and Custom to adjust the privilege of product/project.
4. Each privilege settings is logged in ZenTao and can be viewed in the history of the details page.
3. Manage Members
3.1 Login as Admin and click Company->Privilege;
3.2 Click Member and a window to manage users of a group will pop out, e.g. QA team..
4. Other Shortcuts
In addition to actions mentioned above, you can also manage members through copying or using modules. Choose a group and click the Copy button.
4.1 Log in as an administrator;
4.2 Click Company->Privilege;
4.3 Click Manage Privileges by Modules to assign privileges to multiple groups.
You can assign multiple methods to more groups at the same time.