- 1. Introduction
- 2.1 Choose the Right Installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Lampp Installation in Linux
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.7 Source Code Installation for macOS
- 2.8 XAMPP-VM Installation for macOS
- 2.9 XAMPP Installation for macOS
- 2.10 Install ZenTao in Docker
- 2.11 Install httpd, Mariadb, PHP 7.2 in Cent OS 8
- 2.12 Softaculous Service
- 2.13 Install Ioncube
- 3. Update
- 4. Users and Groups
- 5. Quick Start
6. Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Decompose Stories into Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV Files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Work Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Required Field
- 6.18 Privileges
- 6.19 Annual Work Summary
7. Advanced Application
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2. Individual management
7.3. Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and Phase
- 7.3.6 Story Writing
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4. Scrum Master
- 7.5. Development Team
- 7.6. Test Team
- 7.1. Workflow
- 8.1. Maintain ZenTao
8.2. Deploy ZenTao
- 8.2.1 Guest Login
- 8.2.2 Email Notification
- 8.2.3 Set Super Admin
- 8.2.4 Static Access
- 8.2.5 Remove "zentao" from URL
- 8.2.6 Integrate SVN
- 8.2.7 Integrate Git
- 8.2.8 Integrate Webhook
- 8.2.9 Integrate Xuan.im
- 8.2.10 Integrate Zdoo
- 8.2.11 Integrate Third-Party Apps
- 8.2.12 Password-Free Login
- 8.2.13 Translation Add-on
- 8.2.14 Integrate Jenkins
- 8.2.15 Extension
- 8.2.16 Fix Weak Password
- 9.1 Introduction
- 9.2 Directory
- 9.3 Find Codes
- 9.4 Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Extension Editor
- 9.11 Feature Limitation
- 9.12 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10. Misc
Questions below are often asked by our users, such as
- Why can't I visit this product/project?
- Why can't I view this bug?
Let's see how the privilege of a product/project/bug in ZenTao is set.
1. Privileges in ZenTao
Privilege settings in ZenTao is quite flexible. You can set privileges in the following modules.
- When Add Product/Project, set Access Control.
- Company->Privilege. Set privileges for different groups.
- Company->Privilege. Set privileges for different views. You can set it for modules, products, or projects that can be visited.
- Company->Privilege. Set Limited Action privileges. Users belong to this user group can only act on what is related to them.
- When manage project teams, you can set team members as limited users. Then they can only act on what is related to them.
Limited User group can only edit story/task/bug/etc. that is linked to themselves, and they cannot add story/task/bug/etc.
By being linked to themselves, it means to the content of AssignedTo/Done/Cancelled/etc.
2. Check the Privilege of a product/project/bug
If you want to access to a bug, you have to have the Privilege to the product and the project that the bug is linked to.
2.1 Check the group privilege that a user belongs to
Go to Company->User, and locate the user. Edit it, and check its privilege. You should be able to see which group it belongs to. Then you can choose the group for the user.
2.2 Check the Privilege of product/project
After checking the Privilege of the user, you have to also check the Privilege of product/project, if the user still can't access to the product/project.
Go to Product/Project->Overview, and check the access control there.
You can go to Product/Project->Overview and edit it to change its access control.
2.3 Check the privilege of a view in a group
Go to Company->Privilege, and click the View button to check whether the group that the user belongs to has the privilege of the product/project.
- Sight/View: Check the module in ZenTao to grant privileges to it. If it is not checked, it means that the group users can't access to it.
- Product: Leave it empty, so the group users have no access limit to any product. Select a product, so the user will only have the access to the selected product.
- Project: Leave it empty, so the group users have no access limit to any project. Select a project, so the user will only have the access to the selected project.