- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the right installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.7 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.8 Softaculous service
- 2.9 Integrate Zdoo
- 2.10 Install Ioncube
- 3 Update
- 3.1 Update ZenTao
- 3.2 Update by source code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Update for one-click installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Update for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Task Breakdown
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Operation Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Customize Required Field
- 6.18 Access Control
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Individual management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and stage
- 7.3.6 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Story Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Data Backup
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao remote host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 ZenTao customization
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Locate and Change Files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Web Editor
- 9.11 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 MIsc
Questions below are often asked by our users.
- Why can't I visit this product/project?
- Why can't I view this bug?
In the following, access control of a product/project/bug in ZenTao will be explained.
1. Access control in ZenTao
Access control settings in ZenTao is quite flexible. You can set access control in the following modules.
- When doing Add Product/Project, set Access Control.
- Company->Privilege. Set privileges for different groups.
- Company->Privilege. Set privileges for different views. You can set it for modules, products, or projects that can be visited.
- Company->Privilege. Set Limited Action privileges. Users belong to this user group can only act on what is related to them.
- When manage project teams, you can set team members as limited users. Then they can only act on what is related to them.
Limited Group and Limited User can only edit story/task/bug/etc. that is linked to themselves, and they cannot add story/task/bug/etc.
By being linked to themselves, it means to the content of AssignTo/Done/Cancelled/etc., and it doesn't mean the content of Mailto.
2. Check the access control of a product/project/bug
If you want to have access to a bug, you have to have the access to the product and the project that the bug is linked to.
2.1 Check the group privilege that a user belongs to
Go to Company->User, and locate the user. Edit it, and check its privilege. You should be able to see which group it belongs to. Then you can choose the group for the user.
2.2 Check the access control of product/project
After checking the access control of the user, you have to also check the access control of product/project, if the user still can't access to the product/project.
Go to Product/Project->Overview, and check the access control there.
You can go to Product/Project->Overview and edit it to change its access control.
2.3 Check the access control of a view in a group
Go to Company->Group, and click the View button to check whether the group that the user belongs has access control to certain product/project.
- View: Check the module in ZenTao to grant access to it. If it is not checked, it means that the group users can't access to it.
- Product: Leave it empty, so the group users have no access to any product. Select a product, so it will have access to the product.
- Project: Leave it empty, so the group users have no access to any project. Select a project, so it will have access to the project.