- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the Right Installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.7 Source Code Installation for macOS
- 2.8 XAMPP-VM Installation for macOS
- 2.9 XAMPP Installation for macOS
- 2.10 Docker installation
- 2.11 Softaculous Service
- 2.12 Integrate Zdoo
- 2.13 Install Ioncube
- 3 Update
- 3.1 Update ZenTao
- 3.2 Update by Source Code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Update for One-Click Installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Update for One-Click Installation for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Decompose Stories into Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV Files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Work Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Required Field
- 6.18 Privileges
- 6.19 Annual Work Summary
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Individual management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Status and Phase
- 7.3.6 Story Writing
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Task Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test Request
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Data Backup
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown Charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao Remote Host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 8.2.1 Guest Login
- 8.2.2 Email Notification
- 8.2.3 Set Super Admin
- 8.2.4 Static Access
- 8.2.5 Remove "zentao" from URL
- 8.2.6 Integrate SVN
- 8.2.7 Integrate Git
- 8.2.8 Integrate Webhook
- 8.2.9 Integrate Xuan.im
- 8.2.10 Integrate Zdoo
- 8.2.11 Integrate Third-Party Apps
- 8.2.12 Password-Free Login
- 8.2.13 Translation Add-on
- 8.2.14 Integrate Jenkins
- 8.2.15 Extension
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 Introduction
- 9.2 Directory
- 9.3 Find Codes
- 9.4 Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Extension Editor
- 9.11 Feature Limitation
- 9.12 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 Misc
In order to simplify installation, a one-click installation for Windows has integrated with Xampp, a very famous AMP integrated environment.
1. Installation1.1 Download the latest one-click installation ( .exe file).
1.2 Double-click to unzip it to a directory, such as d:\zentao.
1.3 Double-click Xampp\ start.exe to launch control panel shown below
(If VC is not installed, there will be a prompt asking you to install VC++.)
1.4 You can config your ports by going to "Services->Config port", then click 'Start Zentao', and wait a moment for it to start.
2. Change MySQL password
2.1 Once started, a prompt will remind you to change the database password. You can use the password recommended or set one for your own.
2.2 You can check and change the password by "Password->MySQL setting" later.
3. Login ZenTao
3.1 Enable 'Apache authentication' refer to Section 4.
3.2 Use a Super Admin account to login ZenTao ( default account is admin and its password is 123456).
3.3 If the password is too weak, ZenTao will remind you to change it.
3.4 If you want to use a weak password, login ZenTao as Super Admin and go to Admin->Security to change it.
4. Apache authentication(
4.1 Once started, Apache user authentication is ON by default. Uncheck "Enable Apache authentication", if you want to set it OFF.
4.2 If Apache authentication is on, users have to enter the account and password to visit ZenTao, unless by clicking "Visit Zentao" on control panel. Non-Admin users have to ask for the account and password from the Admin.
5. Re use your Apache and Mysql ( Op tional )
For ZenTao 9.2.stable+, the security of one-click installation package has been improved and PHP parser is forbidden.
SetHandler text/plain to
application/x-httpd-php . Then restart Apache.
6. Visit ZenTao database( Optional)
6.1 It is default setting that database can only be login on ZenTao sever.
6.2 Browse http://127.0.0.1: PORT (Port is required, if it is not 80), then click "MySQL" on the login page to enter "ZenTao Adminer".
Type config in xampp/zentao/config/db.php to visit ZenTao database.
Note: Your browser might autofill a Username and Password that might not be the one that you need. Refer to what have been mentioned above and change it.