- 1. About ZenTao Max
- 2. Installation
- 3. Upgrade
- 4. New Concept
- 5 Navigation Bar Adjustment
- 6 Privilege Adjustment
- 7.1. Project General Function
- 7.2. Waterfall Project Function
- 8 Asset Repository
- 9 Modify Record
We have added the feature of Asset Library since ZenTao Max 2.1.
What is Asset Library?
- The asset library is a unique process asset formed by the experience and lessons gained in the project practice process.
- Including reusable, instructive, and metric stories, cases, issues, risks, opportunities, document lists, operation standards, workflows, tools and methods, templates, and data formed in project practice.
- The data scattered in various projects can be integrated into asset library, providing data support and improvement basis for the following project management process.
- Asset library is an important part of CMMI practice, providing reference, measurement, and guidance
Features of Asset Library in ZenTao Max
- Including story library, case library, issue library, risk library, opportunity library, practice library, and component library.
- Case library here follows the features of "QA--Case Library", while the information in practice library and component library is presented in the form of documents.
- Compared with other libraries, the documents can be imported from project documents to the practice library and component library, but they can't be re-imported into the project documents.
- The information in the asset library can be imported from projects or imported into new projects for reuse, guidance or measurement.
- The information in the asset library is independent, and actions such as edit, review, remove, delete in the asset library will not affect the information source that imported to the asset library.
Let's describe how to use asset library in detail.
- Case library here follows the features of "QA--Case Library". Only the name of "QA--Case Library" are listed in "Asset Library--Case Library". Clicking on a specific name of case library, it will go to "QA--Case Library" directly. Just a quick note.
1. Assign the Privilege of Asset Library
Go to Admin--Member--Privilege with an administrator account and assign the privilege of asset library to different users.
2. Story Library
The management of story library, issue library, opportunity library, and risk library are basically the same, so, we will take the story library as an example to introduce them in detail.
2.1 Create Story Library
Click the button "Create Story Lib".
Enter the name of story library and the description, and then click Save.
Click the action button "Edit Story Lib" if needed.
Or edit and delete the story library in Library Detail.
2.2 Import Stories
Click the name of story library to view its list page, and you will see the button "Import" in the right top corner.
On the page "Import Story", you can search stories in different projects and products. It's also possible to search stories by setting search criteria.
Tick the box of the stories that need to be imported, and then click the button "Import" below.
If the imported story needs to be reviewed, it will be kept in the story library only if it passes the review. Otherwise, it won't be kept in the story library.
If the story is imported by the users with the privilege of review, it requires no review and will be status of "In Lib" directly.
If the story is imported by the users without the privilege of review, it needs to be reviewed even after the import and will be status of "Pending".
2.3 Review Stories
2.3.1 Assign the stories to a reviewer
Go to the story list under the tag "Pending", and click "No Assigned" or "Assigned To".
2.3.2 Review the stories
Click the glasses icon "Approve Story" in the right action bar, or click "Approve" at the bottom.
It will be kept in the story library once it passed the review.
It won't be shown in the story library once it failed the review.
2.4 Edit and Remove Stories
- Click the icon "Edit Story" in the right action bar
- Click the name of the story to go to its detail page, and then click "Edit Story" at the bottom
- Click the icon "Remove Story" in the right action bar
- Select one or several stories, and then click "Remove Story" at the bottom
- Click the name of the story to go to its detail page, and then click "Remove Story" at the bottom
On the stories' detail page, you can review the source of the story. Click on the name of "Source Story" to view its detail.
2.5 Import the Project Stories to Story Library
Select the target project story and click the icon "Import to lib" on its detail page.
Select one or several target stories on the list page and click the icon "Import to lib".
And then select the target story library in the drop-down menu.
2.6 Import the Stories in Story Library to Projects
Select one product in the top left corner, and then click "Import"--"Import From Library".
You can select the story libraries on the detail page. Once the story library is selected, all of its stories will be listed.
Story searching is also available.
Select the target stories and click "Import" to import them from Story Library to the project, with the status of alive.
3. Practice Library
The information in practice library and component library is presented in the form of documents, so, we will take the management of practice library as an example to introduce them in detail.
Compared with other libraries, the documents in practice library and component library can be imported from project documents, however, they can't be imported to projects documents back.