- 1. A Brief Overview of ZenTao
2. Best Practices Comparison: ZenTao VS Jira
- 2.1 Best practices of Project in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.2 Best practices of Workflow in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.3 Best practices of Stories in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.4 Best practices of Roadmap in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.5 Best practices of Users and Roles in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.6 Best practices of Reports in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.7 Best practices of Dashboards in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.8 Best practices of Search in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.9 Best Practices of Agile in ZenTao
- 2.10 Best Practices of Waterfall in ZenTao
- 2.11 Best Practices of Automation in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.12 Best Practices of Requirements & Test case management in ZenTao vs Jira
- 3. Use cases Comparison: ZenTao VS Jira
- 4. Get started with ZenTao
- 5. Import Jira Data to ZenTao Tutorial
- 6. Reference: Glossary of items in ZenTao VS Jira
Best practices of Reports in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2022-08-04 14:25:38
- WANG JING
- Last edited by Yujia Li on 2022-11-09 11:18:53
- Share links
Reporting in Jira software helps you track and analyze your team's work throughout a project. Jira Software has a range of reports that you can use to show information about your project, versions, epics, sprints, and issues. These resources will help you set up your reports for better status meetings.
Insights are currently available for scrum metrics in both company-managed and team-managed projects (formerly classic and next-gen).
You can find the insights button on your Board, Backlog, and Deployments view, for easy reference while you plan or progress your work.
Image Source: Introducing insights for Jira Software Cloud
Zen Tao also has agility metrics. In the project dashboard, you can clearly see all the project information data, such as work hours, total stories, bug status, burndown chart, project status, and iteration overview. Besides, ZenTao support customize project dashboard, you can add or drop modules as you like.
ZenTao also provides users with the home dashboard, which can display all information related to the current user, including, but not limited to, flowchart, dynamic, todo, project list, project statistics, recent project and product overview. Again, you can add or drop modules as you like in the home dashboard.
2. Scrum metrics introduction in ZenTao
ZenTao provides a scrum project management approach, completely covering the full lifecycle of scrum project management including product-project-iteration-development-test-release. It is applicable to different management scenarios and its features can be used in combination or just used for Bug management, story management, or task management.
3. ZenTao Reports
ZenTao provides basic statistical reports under several modules such as product stories, project tasks, test management, etc. Statistical reports can be generated based on different items for a more intuitive view.
The paid versions of ZenTao (ZenTao Biz and ZenTao Max) provide up to 40 reports under the statistics module, covering various dimensions such as product, project, test, and organization. At the same time, it is supported to add new reports. In the case that the existing statistical reports do not meet your needs, you can customize SQL to search your desired data and generate new reports. ZenTao provides a data dictionary in Admin- Develop-Database.
ZenTao with the popular feature "Statistic" built in to save you and your pocket from struggling with the complicated connection between 2 individual tools. You don't have to spend your time and effort downloading and paying for the extensions, just enjoy the convenience brought by the powerful all-in-one tool.
4. How to create reports?
4.1 In ZenTao
- Click on "Product"-"Software Requirement"/"User Requirement"-"Report" , and select report type on the left as well as select chart type (bar, pie or line) on the top, then you will get the report.
- Click on "Execution"-"Task"-"Report" and select report type on the left as well as select chart type (bar, pie or line) on the top, then you will get the report.
- Click on "QA"-"Bug"-"Search"-"Report" and select report type on the left as well as select chart type (bar, pie or line) on the top, then you will get the report.
- Go to "Statistic"-"Custom"-"Add Report" to enter SQL for data searching. It is supported to design reports and save reports for reuse in ZenTao.
4.2 In Jira
Jira Software has a range of reports that you can use to show information about your project, versions, epics, sprints, and issues. To generate a report:
- Navigate to the project you want to report on.
- From the project sidebar, select Reports. The reports overview page displays.
- Select a report from the overview or from the project sidebar to begin generating the report. View the list of reports below for more details of each report.
Reports for team-managed software projects: Burnup Chart, and Velocity Chart.
Reports for Scrum projects: Burndown Chart, Burnup Chart, Sprint Report, Control Chart, Cumulative Flow Diagram, Epic Report, Epic Burndown, Release Burndown, Velocity Chart, and Version Report.
Reports for Kanban projects: Control Chart, and Cumulative Flow Diagram.
Image Source: Reporting in Jira Software
- ZDOO Cloud
- Request Demo
- Tech Forum
- Private Policy
- Term of Use
- Google Groups
- Leave a Message
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org