- 1. A Brief Overview of ZenTao
2. Best Practices Comparison: ZenTao VS Jira
- 2.1 Best practices of Project in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.2 Best practices of Workflow in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.3 Best practices of Stories in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.4 Best practices of Roadmap in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.5 Best practices of Users and Roles in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.6 Best practices of Reports in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.7 Best practices of Dashboards in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.8 Best practices of Search in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.9 Best Practices of Agile in ZenTao
- 2.10 Best Practices of Waterfall in ZenTao
- 2.11 Best Practices of Automation in ZenTao vs Jira
- 2.12 Best Practices of Requirements & Test case management in ZenTao vs Jira
- 3. Use cases Comparison: ZenTao VS Jira
- 4. Get started with ZenTao
- 5. Import Jira Data to ZenTao Tutorial
- 6. Reference: Glossary of items in ZenTao VS Jira
Starting February 2, 2021, Atlassian stopped selling new server licenses for many of their products, including Jira Software. At the same time, they have increased the price for the remaining on-premise alternative, Data Center — for which the price starts from 42K USD with 500 users. On February 2, 2024, Atlassian will end support for all server products.
While Jira's high cost is a big burden for some small and medium-sized teams, ZenTao, in contrast, offers a free open-source version that is powerful enough to match the needs of most enterprises. The price of ZenTao is more affordable and flexible than Jira, which costs only 1,750 USD with 50 users, 3,590 USD with 100 users and 17k USD with 500 users. So, why not pick your project management software again?
Some important basic features of Jira are missing, usually teams using Jira also need to subscribe to several of the most paid plugins, and the team had to manually assign values to fields for each issue. This greatly reduces the work efficiency and also reduces the user's willingness to use. While ZenTao includes all the features without the additional purchase of plugins. Your team could directly use built-in features in ZenTao without paying extras for plugins, such as Document Management, Gantt Charts, Effort Management and SVN/GIT repositories.
Finally, in terms of service and support costs, Jira offers community support for free edition, and offer 9/5 regional for standard edition.
ZenTao provides technical support, remote assistance, documentation for use, and telephone customer service, etc. Additionally, ZenTao's Customer Success Manager will accompany your team from start to end.