It might be a great idea not mentioning Scrum at all when implementing it. Try to practice Scrum using another names.
PART 1 of Planning Meeting = Story Analysis Meeting
Product Owner explains each Story and every team member discusses about it.
PART 2 of Planning Meeting = Task Decomposition Meeting
DEV team decompose tasks according to stories, assign tasks, and estimate man-hour.
Daily Standup Meeting = Morning Meetup
Team members meet in the morning before starting to work and brief their work in 10-15 mins.
Review and Retrospect Meetings stay the name.
No PO, Team, or Scrum Master mentioned. Just use what you have been calling those roles in your team. Sometimes development team just don't like new concepts/names which seem totally new to them. If talking about story analysis, no one would say they don't like it. Neither would they say it to task decomposition.
- Do self testing and mutual testing
- Communicate with each other
- Review external part of interface
- Emphasize code conventions
(Photo from Synxius website)
Then you will have Scrum implemented in you team!
open source Scrum Tool
Refined ALM support
• Zero downtime upgrades
• Integrate Git and SVN (pro)
• Word and Excel import & export (pro)
• Preivew-Edit-Diff document online(ent)
• Integrate OPS-Attendance-Feedback(ent)
• ZenTao team has involved in open source since 2004
• Frequent releases and free upgrade forever(even self-hosted)
• Instant and powerful support for 20000+ companies
• Best practice that fully supports Scrum
• Features including test, document, release, plan and backlog
• For Agile but not limited to Agile
• Applicable for different sized team
• Applicable for Agile/Waterfall
• Modules can be used in any combination
• Both private deployment and Cloud Apps