1. How to configure ZenTao via LAN?
First, check whether you can access ZenTao via your client. If yes, ZenTao has been installed in your client without problems.
Then, access ZenTao via your server, and change 127.0.0.1 to the actual server IP in your browser. Use other client to access ZenTao. If not accessible, check firewall and connection.
2. What to do if Apachezt installation failed?
First, Uninstall at the upper left of ZenTao panel to exit. Then, right click start.bat to run as admin. Click Launch. If Zentao is not started, try xampp/services/install.bat and right click it.
3. Is ioncube installation required in ZenTao?
Ioncube is not required if you use ZenTao open source version. However, ioncube has to be installed if you use paid plugin in ZenTao.
4. How to restore backup in ZenTao?
First, find back up file named as file***.zip. Unzip it to zentao/www/data/upload/.sql***.zip is the sql file the database executes, which has to be imported to another empty database.
5. How to be directed to login page once login ZenTao?
Use Apache virtual host, or copy Apache directory to zentao/www/
6. How to launch ZenTao automatically after power-on?
One-click installation package for Windows. If you use Windows XP/2003, click Service->Check Service at the upper left of ZenTao panel, and set Launch Type of apachezt and mysqlzt to Auto. If you use Windows 2008/7+, please right click Zentao.exe as admin, and it will set as auto launch. If you use Linux or you customize ZenTao, please configure settings in system boot.
7. How to run two sets of ZenTao in one client?
Two sets of ZenTao can share one set of apache and mysql. For one-click installation on Windows, you can store source code to xampp/htdocs/, and then use browse to access to IP: Port/zentaopms/www/ to install.
8. How to initialize ZenTao database?
Set install value in zentao/config/my.php to false. When access to ZenTao, it will automatically start installation and all date will be cleared.
9. Why ZenTao is getting slow once upgraded?
The reason might be the client did not analyze localhost before you use it to link database. This might slow down the link to database. You can change localhost to 127.0.0.1 in zentao/config/my.php
10. Would upgrading affect using paid plug-ins?
You can upgrade ZenTao to the latest version. You can refer to http://www.zentao.pm/book/zentaomanual/upgradezentao-18.html Backup before upgrade. If Zentao is upgraded to the latest version, plug-ins have to be upgraded to compatible version. Login www.zentao.net and go to “User Center”->”Paid Plug-ins”->”Upgrade”. Upload .zip to install plug-ins by clicking “Admin”->”Extension”->”Local Instal”. You don’t have to uninstall plug-ins installed before.
11. Why ZenTao cannot be accessed and is blank?
If you can use ZenTao before it suddenly goes blank, the reason might be that your client is not shutdown properly, which has caused the inconsistency of database files and then the database cannot be accessed.
Check and fix mysql data sheet by using phpmyadmin or executing zentao/bin/checkdb.php
12. What is the difference between versions in Project and in Testing?
Project->Version is created by developers to mark the code and will be submitted to testing team. Testing->Version is testing task and testing team will use it to test cases.
13. What is the difference between the story and the bug that is associated with version and release?
Story: project related (finished/canceled stories will be selected by default)
Bug: projected related and active bug (fixed bugs will be selected by default)
Story: both project and version related (finished/canceled stories will be selected by default)
Bug: from the beginning of a version related project to the currently fixed bug (fixed bugs will be selected by default)
14. How to Change notes?
There are three prerequisites, 1) Permission to modify notes (Go to Organization->Permissions to manage it); 2) The note is added by you; 3) Only the latest note can be modified.
15.What is the relation between a product story and a project story?
Stories in Zentao are all product related. Project stories is part of a product story, which have to done with the project.
16.Can I bind a domain to access ZenTao?
Yes, you can configure Apache virtual host to use domain. Please refer to http://www.zentao.pm/book/zentaomanual/102.html
17. How to find out what plug-ins installed in ZenTao?
Go to “Admin”->”Extension”->”Installed”. If you cannot find the plug-in in the list, it does not necessarily meant that the plug-in is not installed. It could be unfinished installation or its code is overridden.
18.How to install ZenTao plug-in?
Go to “Admin”->”Extension”->”Local Install”, and upload .zip file to install.
If ZenTao is customized and paid plug-in is installed, you have to install ioncube, please refer to http://www.zentao.pm/book/zentaopromanual/135.html
1) A plug-in can be only installed once. If you installed it more than once, it could cause data conflict. Plug-in trial is 30 days, starting from the day it is downloaded.
2) You have to use the account you download trial to purchase the plug-in, or it might clear the existing data.
19. Why Apache does not run with one-click installation package for Windows?
1) One-click installation package has to be deploy in root directory of certain hard disk partition, e.g. c:\xampp
2) If Apache is not started but Mysql is, and a notice showed as “The system cannot execute the specified program”, you will have to install vcredist_x86.exe http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5582
20.What is the default admin and its password for Windows one-click installation package?
ZenTao account by default is admin and its password is 123456. Database account by default is root and the password in blank.