How to do resource management in ZenTao
- 2021-02-04 13:35:18
- Maxx Fey Original
This article will walk you through the magic of resource management and demonstrate how ZenTao can help with your managing project resources.
What is resource management
Resource management is the process of planning, scheduling, and allocating resources in the best possible way. Its ultimate aim is to maximize the efficiency of your resources. This in turn will help the success of your project, task, or organizational goals.
When you implement resource management, it can help with:
- Maximizing resource productivity
- Getting an overview of your project:
- Preventing miscommunication mishaps
- Foreseeing and avoiding problems
- Taking Control
Resource management in ZenTao
ZenTao features that support resource management are Effort, Schedule, and Report. to keep your projects on track.
ZenTao Product module can manage user stories and product backlog items(PBIs) and decompose stories into smaller tasks. It also tracks team actual time: click and log hours, timesheet, and compare scheduled hours with the actual time taken to complete tasks.
ZenTao Effort and Calendar increase visibility and control over resourcing. You can see who is available by skill and capacity and understand how much work they can take on.
Analyze and Act
ZenTao Report provide work summaries and reports on resources, so you can forecast resource needs and shift resources to meet goals.
Tips for resource management
If you are trying to correctly plan resources, then you might want to follow these tips.
- List Tasks
- Be Aware of Constraints
- Know How Many Resources You Need
- Control Availability of Resources
- Assign Wisely
- Why Zombie Scrum Teams Struggle To Improve Continuously
- Invictus: What a real Scrum Master is like
- 10 ways to make pair programming more effective
- ZDOO Cloud
- Request Demo
- Tech Forum
- Private Policy
- Term of Use
- Google Groups
- Leave a Message
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org