- 1 About ZenTao Professional
- 1.1 ZenTao Pro
- 1.2 ZenTao and ZenTao Pro Service
- 1.3 ZenTao Pro vs. ZenTao open source
- 1.4 Why choose ZenTao Pro
- 2 How to install and upgrade
- 2.1 ZenTao upgrade from open source to Pro
- 2.2 New installation with one-click package
- 2.3 General installation
- 2.4 Install ZenTao via Lampp in Linux
- 2.5 Install Ioncube
- 2.6 Upgrade ZenTao Pro Version
- 2.7 Install LDAP
- 3 Introduction of Features
- 3.1 Gantt chart
- 3.2 Work Log
- 3.3 Repository (GIT SVN) and code review
- 3.4 ZenTao Calendar
- 3.5 Import/Export Excel files
- 3.6 Export Word files
- 3.7 ZenTao SMS notification
- 3.8 Export as Word files
- 3.9 LDAP authentication
- 3.10 Export a Report
- 3.11 Summary Report
- 3.12 Crystal Report
- 3.13 ZenTao IOS and Android App
First of all, thank you for all your support to ZenTao.
We have been preparing for the release of the Professional version for quite a long time. Based on feedbacks from ZenTao users and senior developers in the IT industry, ZenTao team have added several features to ZenTao Pro. Our intention to launch ZenTao Pro is to provide more ideal service and features, such as the Gantt chart, Kanban, Excel export. Those service and features cater to IT projects. Meanwhile, features of ZenTao Pro will be on our official website for users to download separately.
For questions you might have about ZenTao Pro, I would like to answer them one by one.
1. Why do we launch ZenTao Pro? Is ZenTao no longer open source?
ZenTao team have been dedicated to open source, whether its products are entirely open source, to solve problems for users free of charge, or to continuously upgrade its version and features. You can see our determination to open source from all we have done.
The reason that we launched ZenTao Pro is that we do it for survival rather than just for profit. ZenTao will be optimized continuously only when our team can survive in this world. If ZenTao team no longer exist due to financial insufficiency, ZenTao will lose vitality and gradually disappear. This means there will be one less free and open source software for users, and no one wants to see it happening.
It has been ups and downs for the whole open source community, and especially in China. We will keep making efforts to open source in our own way. ZenTao team would like to make a statement here: To charge is to better open source.