- 1 Introduction
- 2 Installation
- 2.1 Choose the right installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all systems)
- 2.7 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.8 Softaculous service
- 2.9 Integrate Zdoo
- 2.10 Install Ioncube
- 3 Upgrade
- 3.1 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.2 Upgrade by source code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Upgrade for one-click installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Upgrade for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Quick Start
- 5.1 Project and Task Management
- 5.2 Bug Tracking
- 5.3 Product Management
- 5.4 Individual Task Management
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm a Story
- 6.9 Task Breakdown
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 6.13 Import Excel, CSV files
- 6.14 Document Management
- 6.15 Operation Mode
- 6.16 Points
- 6.17 Customize Required Field
- 6.18 Access Control
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Personal management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Story Status
- 7.3.6 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.7 Product Module
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Documents
- 7.3.12 Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm a Story
- 7.4.4 Story Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update efforts
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Build
- 7.5.5 Test Task
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Back up ZenTao
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao remote host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Customization
- 9.1 ZenTao customization
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Locate and Change Files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: modify language prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Web Editor
- 9.11 ZenTao Packaging Standards 1.1
- 10 MIsc
ZenTao open source 11.0+ has integrated ZenTao Client which is powered by Xuanxuan. Xuanxuan is a free, open source, and secure Instant Messenger by Nature Easy Soft. It is self-hosted and cross-platform with various plug-ins and rich features.
Once you set up ZenTao Client, it would be much easier for you to communicate with team members, to start a group conversation, to transfer files, to assign tasks, and to manage projects. It would smooth your team collaboration.
1. Set up ZenTao Client
1.1 Set up the server-side for ZenTao client
Log in ZenTao as the super admin, you will be reminded to do the setup for ZenTao Client. Go to Admin->Integrate->Client to set it up.
1.2 Change Setting
- ZenTao Client is set ON as default.
- Secret key is 32-bit randomly generated and should be the same as the server.
- 20M is the file size by default and can be changed.
- HTTPS is OFF by default. Switch it ON, you have to copy the certificate and key to the box.
2. Download the server-side for ZenTao Client
2.1 Download the server
ZenTao Client server is powered by Xuanxuan, a free, open source, and secure Instant Messenger by Nature Easy Soft. Go to Admin->Integrate->Server and download Xuanxuan server.
Before you download it, make sure that
- you have Change Setting and clicked Save;
- choose the right OS, e.g. Windows 32-bit/64-bit, Linux 32-bit/64-bit, MacOS;
- download the configuration file only, if you have downloaded Xuanxuan before. The file is xxd.conf. Download it and replace the old one. Make sure that you restart the service.
Take Windows 64-bit for example. Download and unzip the file, and you will have a file named win_x86_64.zentao_chat_serve.
Set the configuration in Admin->Integrate->Client->Server and save config in xxd.conf.
If you have configured a domain for ZenTao, you have to change the content in the red box accordingly.
2.2 Run the server for ZenTao Client
Click xxd.exe to start the server.
3. Install ZenTao Client
After the server is configured, it will remind you to download ZenTao Client. Click Download Client on ZenTao interface and you will be directed to the page to download.
- The Download Client entry will only be seen after ZenTao super admin set it up in ZenTao.
- For your intranet, you have to manually save the ZenTao Client installation package to the designated path, so other users can download the client by clicking the Download Client.
Take Windows 64-bit as an example. You can choose the OS accordingly and download the right client for you. Then you will start downloading.
After it is downloaded, unzip the file and you will get a folder named zentao_chat_client.win64. Go to \zentaoclient and you will find zentaoclient.exe at the bottom. Click zentaoclient.exe.
Login page of ZenTao Client
- Server: server address saved in xxd.conf.
- Account and Password: ZenTao username and password
Once login, you can chat with your friends.
Click ZenTao icon on the left navigation, you can view information saved in ZenTao.
- Download ZenTao client installation package
- Create tmp/cache/client
- Save the installation package to the designated path
- After all has been done, users can download ZenTao client by clicking the "Download client" at the right bottom of the ZenTao interface.
4. ZenTao Client User Guide
4.1 Information Share
Once you integrate ZenTao client with ZenTao,
- the username and password are shared;
- ZenTao page can be viewed in ZenTao client;
- actions in ZenTao can be sent as notifications via ZenTao client;
- messages in ZenTao client can be added as Bug/Story/Task/Doc/Todo by right-click;
- detail page of a Bug/Story/Task/Doc/Todo is displayed in Card in ZenTao client and actions are provided.
4.2 User Guide
5.1 For Windows one-click installation package, close Apache user authentication.
If you use Windows one-click installation package, you have to disable Apache Authentication on ZenTao runner. Or you can't log in Xuanxuan.
5.2 Login failure troubleshooting
If you can't log in ZenTao client using ZenTao username and password,
- check whether ZenTao, ZenTao client, and ZenTao client server (xxd) work;
- if yes, check the setting of xxd.conf, e.g. server name, key, and default;
- go to Admin->Integrate->Server setting and check whether the server is on, if you see the Error 500 prompt.