- 1 Introduction
- 2 How to Install ZenTao
- 2.1 Choose the best installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows
- 2.4 One-click Installation Package for Linux
- 2.5 Installation with Lampp
- 2.6 Source Code Installation (for all Systems)
- 2.7 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.8 Softaculous service
- 3 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.1 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.2 Upgrade by source code (for all systems)
- 3.3 Upgrade for one-click installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Upgrade for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Simple Application
- 5.1 Project and Task Management
- 5.2 Bug Management
- 5.3 Product Management
- 5.4 Individual Task Management
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm Stories
- 6.9 Story Breakdown
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Personal management
- 7.3 For Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Manage a Product Line
- 7.3.3 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.5 Story Status
- 7.3.6 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.7 Product Modules
- 7.3.8 Release Plan
- 7.3.9 Create a Release
- 7.3.10 Roadmap
- 7.3.11 Manage Documents
- 7.3.12 Product Planning Meetings
- 7.3.13 Daily Scrum, Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.3.14 Story Reports
- 7.4 For Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm Stories
- 7.4.4 Story Breakdown
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Review and Retrospective Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports on tasks
- 7.5 For Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and task breakdown
- 7.5.2 Claim tasks and update
- 7.5.3 Kanban and Tree Diagram
- 7.5.4 Create a Build
- 7.5.5 Test Task
- 7.5.6 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.7 Manage Documents
- 7.5.8 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 For QA Team
- 7.6.1 Bug Management
- 7.6.2 Report a Bug
- 7.6.3 Confim and Close a Bug
- 7.6.4 Activate a Bug
- 7.6.5 Locate a Bug
- 7.6.6 Test Cases
- 7.6.7 Create and Review Test Cases
- 7.6.8 Manage Test Tasks
- 7.6.9 Test Suites, Public Case Libs and Reports
- 7.6.10 Manage Test Tasks
- 7.6.11 Execute Cases and Report Bugs
- 7.6.12 Reports
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Back up ZenTao
- 8.1.3 Recover the Deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.1.5 ZenTao remote host
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Custom Development
- 9.1 ZenTao customization
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Locate and Change Files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database Structure
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add Features to Menu
- 9.7 Set Privileges to Modules
- 9.8 Examples: Modify Language Prompt
- 9.9 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.10 Web Editor
- 9.11 Packaging Standards of ZenTao 1.1
- 10 Other Relevant Issues
In order to simplify installation, a one-click installation for Windows has integrated with Xampp, a very famous AMP integrated environment.
1. Installation1.1 Download the latest one-click installation ( .exe file).
1.2 Double click to unzip it to a directory, such as d:\zentao.
1.3 Double click Xampp\start.exe to launch control panel shown below
(If VC is not installed, there will be a prompt asking you to instal VC++.)
1.4 You can config your ports by "Services->Config port",then click 'Start Zentao',wait a moment for start.
2. Change MySQL password
2.1 Once started, a promp will remind you to change the database password. You can use the password suggested or set your own.
2.2 You can later check and change the password by "Password->MySQL setting".
3. Login Zentao
3.1 Determine if enable 'Apache authentication' described in next paragraph.
3.2 Use Super Admin account to login ZenTao (default account is admin and its password is 123456).
3.3 If the password is too weak, ZenTao will remind you to change it.
3.4 If you want to use weak password, login ZenTao as Super Admin and go to Admin->Security to change it.
4. Apache authentication(Optional)
4.1 Once started, Apache user authentication is ON by default. Uncheck "Enable Apache authentication", if you want to set it OFF.
4.2 If Apache authentication is on, users have to enter that account and password beforevisiting ZenTao,unless by clicking "Visit Zentao" on control panel. Non-Admin users have to ask for account and password from the Admin.
5. Reuse your Apache and Mysql (Optional)
For ZenTao 9.2.stable+, the security of one-click installation package has been improved that PHP parse is forbidden.
If you want to install Zdoo (our opensource OA collaborative product) , Zsite (our opensource CMS product) , Xuanxuan(our opensource IM for self host) or other third-party software, you have to change the file /opt/zbox/etc/apache/httpd.conf
6. Access database(Optional)
6.1 It is default setting that database can only be login on ZenTao sever.
6.2 Browse http://127.0.0.1:PORT （Port is required, if it is not 80.）, then click "MySQL" on login page to enter "ZenTao Adminer".
Type config in xampp/zentao/config/db.php to access ZenTao database.
Note: your browser may autofill Username and Password, it is not right. Refer to what have been mentioned above and change it.