- 1 About ZenTao Professional
- 1.1 ZenTao Pro
- 1.2 Introduction of ZenTao and ZenTao Pro Service
- 1.3 Zentao Pro vs. Zentao open source version
- 1.4 Why choose ZenTao Pro
- 2 How to install and upgrade
- 2.1 Upgrade ZenTao open source to Pro
- 2.2 New installation with one-click package
- 2.3 General installation
- 2.4 Install ZenTao via Lampp in Linux
- 2.5 How to install ioncube
- 2.6 Upgrade ZenTao Pro Version
- 2.7 Install LDAP extension
- 3 Introduction of Features
- 3.1 Gantt chart
- 3.2 Work Log
- 3.3 Repository (GIT SVN) and review
- 3.4 ZenTao Calendar
- 3.5 Import/Export Excel files and examples
- 3.6 Export Word files
- 3.7 ZenTao SMS notification
- 3.8 Export as Word files
- 3.9 LDAP authentication
- 3.10 Export a Report
- 3.11 Summary Report
- 3.12 Crystal Report
- 3.13 ZenTao IOS and Android App
- 3.14 Feedback management
First of all, thank you for all your support on ZenTao.
We have been thinking about launching the Professional Version for quite a long time. Based on feedbacks from ZenTao users and senior developers within the IT industry, ZenTao team have added several features to ZenTao Pro. Our intention to launch ZenTao Pro is to provide more ideal service and features, such as the Gantt chart, Kanban, Excel export. Those service and functions cater to features of IT projects. Meanwhile, these functions of ZenTao Pro will be published on our official website for users to download separately.
As for your questions on ZenTao Pro, I would like to answer them one by one.
1. Why do we launch ZenTao Pro? Is ZenTao no longer open source?
We have been determined to open source, whether it is entirely an open source, to solve problems for its users free of charge, or to continuously upgrade its version and functions. From all we have offered, our determination to open source can tell. The reason that we have launched ZenTao Pro is that we do it for survival rather than for profit. ZenTao can keep optimized only when our team survive in this world first. If ZenTao team no longer exist due to financial insufficiency, ZenTao will lose vitality and gradually disappear. This means here will be one less free and open source software for users, and no one wants to seet it happening.
It has been ups and downs for the whole open source community, and especially in China. We will keep making efforts to open source in our own way. ZenTao team would like to make a statement here: To charge is to better open source.