- 1 Introduction
- 2 How to Install ZenTao
- 2.1 Choose the best installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows (Recommended)
- 2.4 One-click Installation Package for Linux
- 2.5 Source Code Installation (for all Systems)
- 2.6 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.7 Softaculous service
- 3 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.1 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.2 Upgrade by source codes ( for all systems)
- 3.3 Upgrade for one-click installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Upgrade for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Simple Application
- 5.1 Project and Task Management
- 5.2 Bug Management
- 5.3 Product Management
- 5.4 Individual Task Management
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm Stories
- 6.9 Decompose Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Personal management
- 7.3 Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.3 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Story Status
- 7.3.5 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.6 Product Module
- 7.3.7 Release Plan
- 7.3.8 Create a Release
- 7.3.9 Roadmap
- 7.3.10 Manage Documents
- 7.3.11 Product Meetings
- 7.3.12 Project Management, Presentation and Summary
- 7.3.13 Story Reports
- 7.4 Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm Stories to be done
- 7.4.4 Decompose Tasks for Stories
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Presentation and Summary Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports of Tasks
- 7.5 Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and decompose tasks
- 7.5.2 Claim and update Tasks
- 7.5.3 Create a Build
- 7.5.4 Test Task
- 7.5.5 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.6 Manage Documents
- 7.5.7 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Back up ZenTao
- 8.1.3 Recover the deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 8.2.1 Guest Login
- 8.2.2 Configure Email Notification
- 8.2.3 Set Super Admin
- 8.2.4 Configure Static Access
- 8.2.5 Delete "zentao" from your address
- 8.2.6 Integrate ZenTao with SVN
- 8.2.7 Integrate ZenTao with Git
- 8.3 Import other systems
- 8.3.1 Import data from bugfree
- 9 Custom Development
- 9.1 ZenTao Mechanism of Developing
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Modify files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add features to navigation bar
- 9.7 Examples: Modify Language Prompt
- 9.8 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.9 Web Editor
- 9.10 Packaging Standards of ZenTao 1.1
- 10 Other Relevant Issues
You may be surprised by the various features in ZenTao and think it is too complicated. Actually, ZenTao is a professional collaborative management software, so it is an integrated task management in ZenTao instead of simple task management. Project management is complicated by itself, so the features provided in ZenTao are all necssary. But this doesn’t mean that you have to go exactly the same as the workflow in ZenTao. You can customize your workflow according to your actual situations. Now let’s see the simple application of ZenTao.
1. Add a Project
1.1 Click Project and click Add Project.
1.2 The page to add a project will show. You can define the fields such as project name, alias, start and end date, workdays available, team name, etc. As for Link Product, it can be left empty or multi-selected.
2. Set up Teams
2.1 Click the Save and a message will notify you that the project is created. Then you can set up teams.
2.2 Or you can manage the project teams from the menu by clicking Project->Team.
Choose users involved in the project and set up the roles for these users at the same time, when manage your team. Weekdays and available man hours must be set up carefully. Generally speaking, an user can not work 8 hours a day continuously or 7 days a week in a roll.
2.3 After all is set up, ZenTao will automatically calculate the total man-hour in the project.
3. Creat Tasks
3.1 After setting up the teams, the next is to create tasks. Click Project->Task->Create.
3.2 The page of creating a task will show.
- When you are creating tasks, you should assign Read privilege to members of the project teams.
- The initials of the name lists can be used to screen users quickly.
- Priority of the tasks and estimated man-hour (unit hours) need to be set up.
- If a task must be finished before certain date, you can also set up the deadlines.
- You can upload files.
4. Update Task Status
When all the tasks are created, everyone knows what they are going to do. Once the project is started, the team members will update the status of their tasks.
4.1 Task List
On the page of Tasks, you can see all the tasks listed in ZenTao. You can easily filter the tasks by various labels. Click the link of certain task list for details.
4.2 Task Details
On this page, you can find all the details about the task, including previous modification records. There are also Actions for your to edit the task.
4.3 Start the Task
Click Start to initiate the task. When you start a task, you can set up the time consumed and estimated remaining(man-hour).
4.4 Finish a Task
Click Finish to finish a task. When the task is done, you should record the time consumed.
5. Accept and Close a Task
When the task is completed, it will be automatically assigned to the one who created it. Then assignee can verify weather the task is completed or not. If completed, the assignee will close the task. The task is finally done.